Aziz Foundation Masters Scholarship at University of Oxford in UK, 2018-2019
The Aziz Foundation is pleased to announce it is offering a master’s degree scholarship at Regent’s Park College, the University of Oxford for the 2018-2019 academic year. Home/EU students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The scholarship offers a unique opportunity for an exceptional student active in British Muslim communities and keen to build bridges with all parts of British society.
The Muslim Council of Britain is a national representative Muslim umbrella body with over 500 affiliated national, regional and local organizations, mosques, charities, and schools. It is an independent body, established to promote consultation, cooperation and coordination on Muslim affairs in the United Kingdom.
- Application deadline: January 19, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
- Study Subject: The range of courses to be supported is very wide, including theology, philosophy, politics, economics, history, education and development studies (for a full list of courses please see below).
List of Eligible Courses:
British and European History
Economic and Social History
Environmental Change and Management
Global and Imperial History
Global Governance and Diplomacy
History of Art and Visual Culture
International Human Rights Law
Islamic Art and Archaeology
Islamic Studies and History;
Nature, Society, and Environmental Governance
Study of Religion
World Literature in English
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover tuition and living expenses for a year, up to a maximum of £25,000 in total. It may be applied either to a one-year Master’s degree course or to one year (only) of a two year Master’s course.
- Nationality: Home/EU students
- Number of Scholarships:
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Home/EU students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should meet all of the following requirements:
- Have, or be expected to achieve, an upper second class or equivalent undergraduate degree from a reputable, internationally recognized university.
- Be active within a Muslim community and their wider local community, and demonstrate a desire to develop intellectual skills within a multi-faith/secular environment.
- Be able to demonstrate a long-term commitment to community/societal development and good relations work through public leadership.
- Be eligible for Home/EU fee status at the University.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for this scholarship, please:
Step 1 – Apply to the University for a Course of Study
Complete a University/Department application form online by the deadline advertised on the page of the course for which you wish to apply.
This application must nominate Regent’s Park College as your first choice of College, and you should enter the Aziz Foundation Scholarship in the section where you are asked to list the funding for which you have applied. The scholarship is dependent upon your being accepted by the Department in question for the course of your choice.
Step 2 – Apply to the College for the Scholarship
You will need to submit:
- A statement of no more than 1,000 words setting out how you meet the criteria above, addressing also how you hope to use this scholarship for your future work.
- A tailored CV detailing your qualifications and work history (no longer than 2 pages).
- A short covering letter setting out which course you are intending to apply for, and if relevant, the focus/specialism of the course.
- A copy of the University application (referred to at Step 1 – it is possible to download this once completed).
Please submit the above documents by Thursday 19 January 2018 to Ms. Bailey Thomas, Academic Administrator, Regent’s Park College, Oxford OX1 2LB, or by email to academic.administrator-at-regents.ox.ac.uk
Step 3 – Attend the Interview
If called, please attend the interview with the College and the Foundation. Travel expenses will be reimbursed on production of receipts. Interviews will be held in late April 2018.
Please note that we will only contact you if you have been short-listed. If you do not hear from us, then please assume that in this instance your application has not been successful.
The Aziz Foundation welcomes informal inquiries from candidates considering an application. Enquiries should be made to grants-at-azizfoundation.org.uk.